It's the end of the workweek, and the fiance´ needed a little pick-me-up after a long day. So I thought -- what does he like? He likes Buffalo chicken.. He likes pizza. There you go!
- Pizza dough (link to my homemade dough recipe below)
- 1 chicken breast, or 2-3 chicken thighs
- Buffalo sauce (store-bought, or see recipe below)
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (I used an entire 7 oz. package)
- 1 chili pepper (I used Habanero, but you can also use jalepeno, or another pepper)
- 1 tomato
- Green scallion onions
- Blue cheese dressing (for dipping, there's a homemade recipe below)
I use the same exact dough recipe as my white pizza, then go to work on the toppings.
1. Cook up 1 chicken breast (or a couple thighs, whatever your preference is) the way you like. I seasoned 3 thighs with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and cooked them in a skillet, but you can grill, or bake in the oven, if you're more comfortable with that method.
2. Shred up the chicken with a fork and mix into your favorite Buffalo sauce. You can used a store-bought sauce, or make it from scratch by mixing 2/3 cup hot sauce, 1/2 cup butter, 1 garlic clove or a couple shakes of garlic powder, and a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce, and cooking on the stove top for 5-10 minutes.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 sour cream
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles