About 2 servings
-1/2 lb. scallops
-1 cup watercress
-3 oz. portobello mushrooms, diced
-1/4 cup onion
-2 cloves garlic
-1/2 cup white wine
-1 cup half & half
-2 tbs. Balsamic vinegar
-1 tbs. anchovy paste
-Salt & pepper, to taste
-Red pepper flakes
-Pasta of your choice
1. Pat scallops dry with a paper towel and season well with salt and pepper.
2. In non-stick pan or cast iron skillet, sear scallops about 2 minutes on one side, 1 minute on the other. Remove from the pan.
3. Add 1 tbs. butter to the pan, then the diced onion. Cook until onion is translucent.
4. Add diced mushrooms, minced garlic, and anchovy paste, and allow to cook down for a couple minutes.
5. Deglaze the pan with Balsamic vinegar and white wine. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
6. Add the half & half. Season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, to your preference. Let the sauce cook a couple minutes longer, until the sauce thickens again.
7. Before serving, stir in a couple teaspoons of chopped fresh basil and parsley.
8. Cook pasta, per package instructions.
9. Plate up pasta. Top with a handful of watercress, then the warm mushroom cream sauce. Lay your seared scallops on top and garnish with a little more fresh chopped herbs.