-24 large shrimp, peeled, de-veined & tails off
-1/3 cup all-purpose flour
-1 tsp. garlic powder
-1 cup Panko bread crumbs
-Green onion scallions, chopped (optional, for garnish)
-Vegetable oil, for frying
-1/4 cup mayonnaise
-1 tbs. Chili-Garlic sauce (add a bit more for extra kick!)
-1 tbs. honey
-Zest of 1 lemon
-Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Fill a large pot with a few inches of vegetable oil, and turn stove top on medium-high heat.
2.Place shrimp in a zip-top bag (gallon-size preferably), and add flour. Seal bag and shake until the shrimp are thoroughly coated. Save the bag.
3. In a plastic food storage container (that has a lid), whisk an egg. Using a fork or tongs, pick out the shrimp and place them in the egg mixture. Seal the lid and shake the container so the shrimp are coated in egg.
4. Re-using the zip-top bag, add the shrimp and Panko bread crumbs. Shake again, until the shrimp are covered in breading.
5. Fry in hot vegetable oil, about 4 minutes, or until shrimp are golden brown, turning them over halfway through the frying process to brown evenly.
6. Drain the shrimp on a paper towel.
7. Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Toss the shrimp in the sauce, or spoon the sauce over the shrimp.