-1/2-lb. macaroni (or pasta shape of your choice), cooked according to instructions on the box
-1 1/2 cups to 2 cups of cooked lobster meat
-4 tbs. butter
-4 tbs. flour
-4 cups milk
-2 cups sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
-1 cup Gouda cheese, grated
-1 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
-4 tbs. Sherry wine
-1 tbs. Old Bay seasoning
-1/2 tsp. nutmeg
-2 tbs. parsley, chopped
-2 tbs. tarragon, chopped
-Red chili flake, to taste (optional)
1. Cook pasta, per instructions on the box. I used medium shells (to go with the seafood theme!), about 3 cups dry pasta was enough for this recipe.
2. Remove the lobster meat from the shell. I buy at least a 1.5-pound lobster (but bigger means more meat!) and have the store steam it for me. Chop the meat finely and set to the side. (If you have a difficult time shelling lobster claw meat, you might try buying a few steamed lobster tails, since those seem to be easier to crack into. You really only need a pair of kitchen shears.)
3. In a pot, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and cook for a few minutes on medium heat, until the mixture is golden-brown.
4. Add milk, cook for 5-10 minutes until it has thickened up into a thin sauce.
5. Mix in shredded cheeses, Sherry, Old Bay and nutmeg into the sauce.
6. Once the cheese has melted, add the cooked pasta and lobster meat. Gently mix in the chopped herbs.