-1 whole pineapple, peeled, cored, sliced into 8 wedges
-Honey, varies, but enough to coat the fruit wedges
-1 cup heavy whipping cream-3 tbs. cream of coconut
-3 egg whites
-3 tbs. sugar
-Toasted shredded coconut, for garnish
-Crushed graham crackers, for garnish
1. In a stand mixer with whisk attachment, mix cold heavy whipping cream on high speed. As it's mixing, add cream of coconut. When it forms soft peaks, move the cream to another mixing bowl and set to the side.
2. In the same stand mixer with whisk attachment (clean and dry them before adding eggs), beat egg whites until they turn from clear to white and start to form soft peaks. Add sugar and mix until it's fully incorporated.
3. Gently fold egg whites into the coconut whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
4. Coat pineapple wedges with honey and place on a hot grill (I keep the burners on high heat, and aim for a temperature between 350º-400ºF.) Close grill lid and let cook for about 5 minutes, until you start to see grill marks. Turn pineapple and repeat process until all 3 sides have even grill marks.
5. Remove pineapple from the grill and allow to come to room temperature. You may also chill the fruit in the fridge.
6. Plate up dish with 2 slices of pineapple, a few dollops of coconut mousse, some toasted shredded coconut on top and some crushed graham crackers!