Approx. 4 servings
- 2 lbs. pork shoulder, cut into 1" cubes
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, finely diced
- Black pepper, to taste
- Cooking oil, for sauteing
- In a pot on medium heat, saute onion and garlic in some oil. Cook for a couple minutes, until onions start to turn translucent.
- Add the pork cubes, stirring frequently, cooking until all sides are just browned. This usually takes about 5 minutes.
- Mix in vinegar, soy sauce, and bay leaf. Raise to high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the temperature to medium-low, cover, and simmer until pork is tender and sauce thickens, about an hour. Be sure to stir occasionally to keep the pork from sticking and burning on the bottom!
- Serve on a bed of rice and enjoy!