SERVINGS: About 2 dozen cookies
- 2 sticks of room temperature butter (1 cup)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 3 cups chocolate chips & chocolate chunks (I use a variety, of semi-sweet, milk chocolate, dark)
- Another cup of chocolate chips, melted, for drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together.
- Set the mixer on low, and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Add the pecans and the chocolate chips & chunks. Mix again.
- On parchment paper-lined cookie sheets, scoop 1/4-cup cookie balls and place them at least 2 inches apart. (I usually only do about 6 cookies per baking sheet, to give them space to flatten out.)
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Melt remaining chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave for about 1-minute, and using a spoon, drizzle more chocolate on top! Let the cookies cool and the chocolate harden.