- 1 lb. chicken, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 13.5-oz. can coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp. Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. (or less) cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet, and sauté onions and garlic for several minutes on medium heat, until onion is translucent.
- Add diced chicken to skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook until most of the chicken turns from pink to light brown.
- Add coconut milk and spices, mix, and bring heat up to medium-high to high until sauce starts to simmer.
- Mix in the spinach and peas, and cook until sauce is thick, about 5 to 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper, as necessary.
- Serve over a bed of rice with parsley for garnish.