- 1 lb. cod
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Sandwich buns
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cooking oil
- Lettuce, for topping
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3-4 hamburger dill pickle chips
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley
- 4-6 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Make the aioli by combining all aioli ingredients in a food processor or blender, and processing until large chunks of ingredients are broken down and sauce is smooth.
- Set up a dredging station with one dish filled with flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Another dish will contain the beaten egg. Make sure dishes are large enough to dunk the fish.
- Portion out the fish into sandwich-sized pieces.
- Coat the fish in the flour mixture, then in the egg, and back in the flour again.
- Fry the fish in a pan or skillet, filled about 1/2 inch with cooking oil on medium heat.
- After one side is golden brown (about 5 minutes), flip each piece and cook until the other side is golden brown as well (usually less than 5 minutes).
- Serve each fish on a toasted sandwich bun with lots of aioli!