- 1 lb. lobster meat, cooked, shelled, and chopped (several tails used in TV preparation)
- 1 cup lobster broth (reserved water used to boil your lobster)
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flake
- 4 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. white truffle oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
- Fresh pasta of your choice, cooked according to package instructions (fettucine used above)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook your lobster. If using tails, bring water to a boil and season with salt. Boil tails for several minutes--1 minute per ounce. Reserve 1 cup of lobster broth after the lobster is cooked and set aside.
- In a pan, heat butter and olive oil. Sauté onion and garlic on medium-low heat for several minutes, until they become soft and the onion is translucent.
- Add lobster broth and half and half to the pan and raise temperature to medium-high and bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in paprika, crushed red pepper flake, and Parmesan cheese, and reduce heat to medium or medium-low to simmer the sauce and reduce it. Stir frequently.
- Once the sauce is thickened, usually after about 15 minutes, turn off heat, add lobster meat, quartered grape tomatoes, and fresh basil. Finish with a drizzle of white truffle oil and mix together.
- Serve mixed in or on top of cooked pasta, and enjoy!