SERVINGS: About 16 "silver dollar"-sized cakes (tortilla size determines how many tacos that will make)
- 8 oz. lump crab meat
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce, a few shakes
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Scallions, chopped
- Flour tortillas
- Slaw mix
- Sauté diced onions, peppers, and garlic until the vegetables are soft.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sauteed vegetables, lump crab, egg, crushed saltine crackers, mayonnaise, Dijon, lemon juice, parsley, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cover a frying pan with cooking oil and heat to medium-high heat.
- When oil starts to ripple, crab cakes are ready to fry. Form small cakes (small enough to fit inside the tortillas you have), and fry cakes in batches.
- Fry cakes on one side and, once browned (usually after a couple minutes), flip cakes and fry the other side.
- Mix the mustard sauce by combining listed ingredients in a separate bowl and mixing well.
- Build the tacos by placing a couple crab cakes on a tortilla, topping with chopped scallions and slaw mix, and drizzling with mustard sauce.