Servings: About a dozen eggrolls
- Lumpia wrappers
- 3 cups of medium shrimp, raw, peeled, deveined, tails off
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 small onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, briefly mix shrimp, garlic, onion, cornstarch, egg, shredded carrots, cabbage, salt and pepper. Don't overprocess. (For extra texture, reserve 1/2 of the shrimp, roughly chop it, and add it to the processed mixture.)
- Fold bean sprouts into the mixture.
- Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of the filling on the edge of one lumpia wrapper, gently roll up, tucking ends in, and sealing the roll closed using a little water.
- Heat cooking oil on a pot on the stove.
- Fry lumpia in batches on medium heat. Cook until golden brown, at least five minutes.
- Remove lumpia from the oil and drain them on a cooling rack or paper towel.
- Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice. (Presentation here uses sweet and sour sauce and soy sauce + kalamansi juice + garlic)